Just a forty kilometers drive from the regional center (right outside the village of Tash-Bashat) on the flat slope of the mountain you can see a huge swastika. And this is not an optical illusion - the well-known symbol consists of living spruce and can be seen from all sides ...
Forest planting is a reverse swastika, planted from coniferous trees and has a width of 180 meters.
There are a lot of local legends about how the swastika could appear on the territory of the Soviet Union:
The most probable version says that it was sown in the 1940s-1950s according to the slope strengthening plan. The agronomist, who directed the work, was a woman. Further versions differ in questions about her nationality, political views and goals;
According to another version, the swastika was sown in 1939 under the influence of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact;
According to the most beautiful version, the swastika was planted by German prisoners of war who were forced to work in the forestry department. They deceived their guards, and it was an act of revenge and disobedience. However, the latest version is not confirmed, since there was no camp for prisoners of war in the area.
Another version that planted trees under the guidance of the agronomist Victor Galkovsky, who then disappeared. The swastika was noticed after this. Probably he was a German nationalist or sympathized with them. According to the legend, the swastika was tried to cut down, but it grew again and it could not be completely removed.
The 1991 study showed the age of the trees to be planted at 50 years. Consequently, they were planted in 1941.
The NY Times correspondent KJ Chivers found three local residents, including Baken Kizekbaev (1937) and Asambek Sulambekov (1935), who claimed that they participated in the planting of these trees, in the final form of which they were unlikely to realize. Thus, the landing did not take place until the early 1950s